No Scotsmen or Angels are injured in the process we use for capturing the Angels' Share...
This April sees the development of some very special limited editions with some very special whiskies inside.
These will be launched in May to coincide with Whisky Month and World Whisky Day Our first being a limited edition with Glenfarclas Distillery and Stirling Whisky Shop - a limited edition whisky made from cask 13 &14 of their 2007 malt. To celebrate the 700th Anniversary of the famous Battle of Bannockburn. There are only 700 bottles and we have 30 exclusive Angels made from bottle no.123 ( 123 Henderson Street being where our angels are made)
We also hope to be launching some special Angels containing The Macallan 1824 collection and a very very special Commonwealth 2014 Commemorative Deanston Distillery trilogy.
How do we do it?
Ahhh now come on you don't really think we'd tell you that!
Our glass making is called Lamp work. born from chemistry,lab glassmakers Tom & I design the glass using all the techniques used in making some of the most intricate lab glass.We use a torch on a bench and form our glass using glass rod and tubing. Skill then comes from our creativity and our hands. each piece we create unique authentic and 100% made in Scotland
Tricks of the Trade
- did you know you can blow glass so fine that it breaks up and pops like the finest of soap bubbles?
- did you know our molten angels can heat up to 2000 degrees whilst we try to seal the whisky in. but they keep their cool most of the time?
- did you know our coloured lustres have natural percentage of gold and precious metals and gem elements in them to make them sparkle ?
- did you know all our decoration is hand applied?
- did you know it took us over 9 months to perfect our Angel design?
- did you know a sealed bottle of whisky is good for 100 years?
- did you know there are over 5,000 types of single malt whiskies? that's a lot of limited edition Angels for us to make..
- did you know Glass blowing apprenticeships are now again on the up in the UK?
- did you know we also supply distilleries with spirit bowls and whisky making glassware?
- did you know our whisky glass droppers are also as genius as our Angels' Share?
"Too much of anything is not good but too much whiskey is barely enough - Mark Twain"