With kids heading back to school over this week and next., we only thought it'd be fair to shed some light on our favourite type of school - Whisky School.
All members of staff Angels' Share Glass have partaken in a version of this programme, we find it incredibly beneficial for staff to have a firm knowledge of whisky and everything that surrounds it when working within this industry.
We asked Kirsty from Edinburgh Whisky Academy to tell us all about why you should consider attending Whisky School too.
5 reasons why you should go back to (whisky) school
Want to enjoy whisky, indulge your passion and potentially land an exciting new job in the industry? Edinburgh Whisky Academy offers intensive, immersive and industry-relevant courses that are both fun and engaging. Here are 5 reasons why you should go:
1. Explore your passion. Studying whisky sounds fun, right? This isn’t like school school. Let’s just say you’re going to want to do your homework. You don’t need any experience, only a desire to learn more about whisky and the commitment to dedicate sufficient time and energy to your chosen course.
2. Learn from whisky experts. All Edinburgh Whisky Academy teachers are passionate, experienced industry professionals with great whisky stories to share. A talented and friendly bunch, they thrive on guiding you through the intricacies of Scotch with the goal of enhancing your appreciation and enjoyment of all things aqua vitae.
3. Trust the certification. As the only centre for Scotch whisky education approved by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), Edinburgh Whisky Academy is externally verified every year for quality assurance. They teach, assess and certify their whisky courses internally, working to exceed the rigorous and robust standards.
4. Kickstart a career change. Give yourself the chance to go after those new and exciting job opportunities. Many candidates are attracted to Edinburgh Whisky Academy because of the opportunity to gain the marketable skills to fuel a career switch. After all, when you do more of what you love, you’ll love what you do.
5. Join a global network of whisky lovers. Whatever you go on to achieve with your whisky qualification, you’ll be in good company. Edinburgh Whisky Academy has a strong industry reputation and you will become a part of the story, wherever you are in the world.
A perfect tool for starting Whisky School is our Tasting Flights, no matter how big or small - tasting whisky is a large portion of your whisky education!
Perfect for hosting your own tastings with friends and family or simply for enjoying a personal tasting for one. Enjoy your favourite whiskies on your own oak stave.